Sunday, March 15, 2009

Thankful...

For those of you who have been around me the last few weeks you have probably heard me talk about the "heart babies". Well about a month ago I was on good ole facebook and I found out about "baby Jake" this precious sweet baby who suffered from a heart condition called HLHS which is when you are born with 1/2 a heart. I was immediately glued to his mothers blog and followed his progress daily sometimes twice a day. I couldn't believe how hard this hit me. My heart broke for this family who had to go through this pain and agony wondering if their sweet precious baby was going to make it. Well unfortunately he did not. I was literally SOBBING when reading his blog I cant even imagine what this family is dealing with right now. I have now found other babies through her blog that are going through the same agony that this family is going through. I cant help but needing to know what happens to these babies. Everyone asks me why I torture myself in reading these sad blogs? My answer.... It makes me thankful, thankful that I have my two precious healthy perfect babies! I think at some point we all take advantage of that. We all remember that exciting ultrasound where they check the sex and the "four chambers of the heart" which all 4 are all supposed to be there right?... I have been trying to cherish those little things about my babies that maybe (not intentionally) I take for granted. I think of what those moms would give to get up with their babies in the middle of the night no matter how tired and worn out they are, or changing another dirty diaper, or feeding them. My list goes on and on. This mother and her story was so moving that I think I will forever be changed in a good way. Her Love, Strength and especially faith is absolutely amazing, she is one strong woman who I dont even know but respect more than I can say. My goal is to complain less and be the best mom I can be. I love my family more than I can ever express. I am so blessed and I need to not forget that.

No comments:

Post a Comment