Tuesday, August 18, 2009

PRESCHOOL.... AHHH!


Well today was the day! The day my precious sweet boy started preschool. Im not going to lie the past few days leading up to this were filled with guilt, regret and questioning if We were making the right decision. My hubs and I had really been talking it up telling Ryder that it was going to be so much fun. We told him how wonderful his teachers were going to be and how he was going to meet fun new friends and he was excited! Last week I was really doubtful and then I went to a couple of orientations that they had, one for the kids and then one for parents. When we walked into ryders orientation his teachers were just shy of putting him up on their shoulders chanting his name with cheers. It really was so wonderful how welcome and special they made him feel :) When I left there I was so excited and so was he. We would talk about Mrs. W. and he would get excited. Then we had the parents orientation and can I just say that these women are serioulsy some of the sweetest most amazing women. I gathered this in a little over an hour. Fighting back tears every so often because they made me feel so warm and fuzzy :) Im kinda serious! These people are FABULOUS!!! They talk with such sweet assuring voices and you can just tell that they LOOOVE what they do!

So today was the day!! I set my alarm because we have to be there at 7:45 ya know! uggh! But I will say it was not bad at all, shockingly! I woke the kids up and Ryan stayed home so he could go with us to the first day, so sweet! He's a busy guy.. Anyway I tried to give them some time to wake up so they didn't feel rushed. I had packed Ry's lunch the night before and laid out everyone's clothes so that would be one less thing I was rushing around trying to do. It worked out super well!!! This is Ryder (above) in the carseat.. When we pulled up he had a huge smile and told me "mama, I'm excited!!" Oh how that made me happy to hear. Weird enough I was finding myself a little excited too!

We got out of the car and I handed him his sweet little spiderman lunch box. I wanted to get a quick picture of him on this bench I saw (nerd I know) but all the sudden he started getting upset and crying. So Ryan and I were both asking him what was wrong and he said that he needed his mama, awww! So I got down by him and I asked what was wrong and why he was crying and he told me he WANTED to go to school! Woohoo! You see we walking the opposite direction of the school to try and get this picture and he got upset. So cute! I was so happy he wasn't crying because he didn't want to go! Phew!


See the bench in the background? Well I gave up haha! Here he is trying to recooperate from his thinking he wasn't going to school trama haha!
This is the fabulous MRS. W I dont know her well but from what I have gathered so far man oh man she is one neat woman! She has been a teacher forever and you can tell she just loves it! She has written books and also written in chicken soup for the teachers soul book. This is her passion and she is so talented how lucky are we??
This is when we just had gotten there and Ryder walked right in and sat by her. She really has such a way of making the kids feel special and comfortable! She talks to them, asks them questions and really cares about what they have to say.


This is Ryder's "official teacher" Ms. W isn't she so stinkin cute? I dont know is she has a boyfriend but if not I wish I had a little hottie to hook her up with haha! This is one of Mrs. W's daughters. There is another one also but I dont have a picture of her... yet. They are such a neat family. All of them teachers and they all absolutely love it! This is their 2nd year that they have done this preschool and they are doing great and growing. I have a feeling we may be here a couple more years :)

I had just gotten there to pick Ryder back up and here is my HAPPY boy wearing his paper plate hat with a cut out star ( so adorable) How cute! I really had such a great feeling after dropping him off today. I wont lie I cried for about 15seconds after Ms. W gave me a note telling me that she is going to love my child so much while I am gone! I got a little upset but I knew he was in good hands!
Heaven! This was Ryders 1st day of school treat! R had a lot of fun today on his first day. He looked SO happy when I came back to pick him up, YEAH!!! I feel 100% better about my little man going to preschool! He is going to LOVE IT!!! I will say I think we have made a great decision about this one. Praise the Lord. I think my doubts were common fears that every parent feels at some point! One more thing. It went by pretty fast! I dropped him off went and cleaned my salon took P to dance and then it was time to come back and pick my boy up! Only with about 20 min. to spare. Perfecto!
Funny story: So when we were driving away in the car I was asking him questions about his day... I said did you get to play outside and he said "yes" then he proceeded to tell me that he put sand on luke! I said "excuse me? " I didn't want to yell at him because I want him to always tell me the truth even though I instantly got a little mad because HE KNOWS BETTER!!! I said R why would you do that? And he said that he was so sorry! I asked if he told luke he was sorry and he said yes. Then I calmingly told him that pouring sand on someone is in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM OK!!! I asked him how he would feel if someone did that to him, I told him he has to be a nice friend or he wont have any blah blah blah!!! The funny part was that he totally told on himself! He truly is not a mean kid, im not sure what compelled him to do that. Frustrating because he knows thats not ok.. So we will add that to our speech before school everytime he goes! IY YI YI!!!













































No comments:

Post a Comment