Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Yaya!

This is my "yaya" she got that name from my brother. He wasn't able to say grandma and some how yaya came out of that. She really is the BEST! She has always lived with my parents, so she has always been a second mom to us. She is now 101 years old (she will be 102 in august) YIKES! Up until her last birthday she has done AMAZING!!!! Unfortunately she has taken a turn for the worse. Her mind is going and it makes me sad. She can still walk but very unsteady. My mom takes care of her and although it is VERY hard sometimes she wouldn't have it any other way. She requires full time care now so my parents dont really get to do much together because one of them always has to be with her (mostly my mom). Hospice has started coming in as of a couple months ago and can I just say they are FABULOUS!!! A little gal comes 3 days a week and bathes her, a nurse comes on thursdays and a social worker on another day. They are really the sweetest people and they genuinely care for their patients. Its nice to because although it might not be a huge break its a little one for my mom. My grandma weighs 74lbs yes you read it right 74lbs. She is tiny! She doesnt eat very well anymore so every week they weigh her it seems as though she loses more. I'm not sure how that is possible. However we do call her the jelly bean thief, it's pretty funny, my mom has to keep stock on jelly beans and she has to keep them on the kitchen counter because my grandma feels really rebelious sneaking in there stealing them. I guess it just wouldn't be as much fun sitting next to her chair haha.
I'm so thankful to have had my grandma for SOO long! She is all I know and she was ALWAYS there for us. I'm also grateful that my kids have got to meet such an amazing person. As you can tell paisley loves her. She always goes into her room for visits and my grandma loves it. Paisley will always love on her which I know makes her feel good and me too! I'm also thankful that she has done so good for so long. I think that has made it a little easier for all of us. Yaya, we love you so much! You are the BEST!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment