Wednesday, May 27, 2009

ISR swim...

This is becki, our fabulous swim teacher. I have had both my kids in a program called ISR (infant swimming resource) I'm a huge fan! It basically teaches your child to save himself if he/she were to ever fall into a body of water. It really is amazing! It is 4-6 weeks long everyday for 1o minutes a day. A little excessive? Not to me. My personal opinion is it is worth EVERY penny, EVERY minute of drive time, EVERYDAY! Get my drift haha. It is a little costly but once again TOTALLY worth it! Paisley was a refresher so it was $75.00 a week. This in no way substitutes supervision but as we all know drownings happen to the best of the best parents. I have a huge anxiety about drowning, HUGE! I'm talking nightmares, not good! So this is something I feel so strong about!

How could you not love it? Look at her! She is floating all by herself and can do so for quite a while. In this picture she if fully clothed! Hooded jacket, diaper, socks, shoes the whole shabang... its reality! She did amazing! When she rests like this long enough she flips over and swims (as best she can) and then rolls to her back again. She does this until she can get to the step or sides or in some cases until she is rescued. Pretty amazing eh?
She is SO good at floating even being fully clothed. At some point, I didnt get the picture though Becki takes off her jacket and throws it over her face and paisley has to take it off and continue to float. She did it every time remaining to keep her head above water.
Here she is rolling over to swim. Have I mentioned I LOVE THIS PROGRAM!!! Yes! I am obsessed!!!
Here she is with her daddy who was able to come and watch, he thinks its pretty cool too! A lot of people think that this is torture, really? Are you serious? They dont just dump your kid in and say sink or swim. Becki is a mother of four and she is the sweetest, most nurturing person, I just love her. She is sooo good with kids. Of course they may cry but it's not because they are being hurt it's because it is something unfamiliar to them. I can assure you paisley ended up loving it and becki. Now that it's done she still asks for betkie ha. The best part is... She does incredible in the water. She was different than ryder she has no fear so I think this program was even better for her but really who can say...




No comments:

Post a Comment